Please note: you can find a more up to date version of this blog at http://blog.neilennis.com

Monday, May 02, 2011

Laceys Creek Mega Loop

Read More
Riding Buddies

Riding Buddies

I’ve been thinking about this ride for weeks. Basically I wanted an enjoyable dirt ride which would let me get from Mount Glorious, up in the D’Aguilar Ranges down to Dayboro, and back home. A friend of mine (Russel) suggested a route, so I fed it into the GPS, talked Simon into coming with me, and set out on another hare-brained adventure.


The first part of our trip was from home to Samford, up the Goat Track, then to Mount Glorious, and Wivenhoe Outlook. That first stage was just over 50km.


Westridge Outlook Panorama

The view from Westridge Outlook on the first part of the ride.


Then we hit the dirt and headed down the hill towards Lacey’s Creek and Dayboro. The track undulates for 5 or 6 km and has some amazing views..

Laceys Creek Road

Laceys Creek Road


Then the track suddenly drops 500m in elevation over 5km. That’s the exciting bit :) The only problem was that by the time I’d got to the bottom, my brakes were so hot they were smoking.


Don't Give Up!

Simon demonstrates the number one rule about climbing hills. It doesn’t matter how steep or tough they are – don’t give up!


I’d really like to do this again sometime. All up we rode 102km. Total ascent for the ride was 2,100m, and I burned 6,300kcal which is the equivalent of 13 Big Macs.




Ride Profile


No comments: