Please note: you can find a more up to date version of this blog at http://blog.neilennis.com

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

WW2 – 70 years ago today

Read More

I feel like a midget standing beside giants when I think of the people who lived through the six years of World War Two.


It started 70 years ago today.


I’ve never fought in a war. No one has ever dropped a bomb on my house. None of my immediate family has ever been killed or injured in an armed conflict. I’ve never had to contend with the idea that a foreign power wanted to invade my country. I’ve never lived through rationing. I’ve never had to go into a bomb shelter.


To all you wonderful people who endured all of this and more, thank you.


Thanks for not giving up, for hoping, for enduring.


We live in a better world today because of you.


No comments: