Please note: you can find a more up to date version of this blog at http://blog.neilennis.com

Saturday, August 29, 2009

History in a Wardrobe

Read More


NOTE. This article was originally published at http://blog.neilennis.com/index.php/history-in-a-wardrobe - if you'd like to see the slideshow and associated images, please view it there.

In the back of her wardrobe, my mum found some old documents covering a period of almost a hundred years. It’s a bit like taking a visit to Narnia digging around in the back of old wardrobes. Perhaps that’s why C.S.Lewis wrote about them.



Rather than spoonfeed it all to you here, why don’t you take your own trip to Narnia and dig around by clicking on the slideshow and having a look at some of these amazing things.



There’s a picture of my Dad pretending to be a rich oil-sheik, a heart warming anniversary card from my Grandad to Grandma a couple of years before he died, a seaside postcard written by my Aunts shortly after the war, some concert programs from during the second world war, and much more.



I love this stuff. It tells me about life before I was born, before my parents were born, and gives me a sense of being part of an unfolding, fascinating history!

No comments: